Our primary objective is to ensure you receive outstanding care, regardless of your insurance plan
We can help you navigate your insurance and we’ll file claims on your behalf. If needed, our experienced team can also help you work with your plan’s out-of-network benefits.
How we maximize your time with our doctors
We've optimized our clinic to maximize your time with our doctors, ensuring a more personal and focused experience. As part of this commitment, we operate paperlessly and manage onboarding exclusively via telephone or online. This approach means we don't have in-person staff for administrative tasks. To facilitate this seamless experience, we require that you complete all forms and submit your payment within 2 days of scheduling your appointment. This preparation enables us to focus fully on your care, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable visit.
Thank you for helping us create an efficient and patient-centered environment.
We require forms and payment to be completed 24 hours in advance of your visit.
Why we are more cost effective than other doctors
- We do not charge facility fees. These fees are charged by hospital associated doctors and can run into the hundreds of dollars. They are not always covered by insurers. See the range of facility fees for Swedish First Hill, University of Washington, Seattle Children's Hospital, Evergreen Hospital, Overlake Hospital, and Providence Hospital Everett.
- We perform surgeries at an ambulatory surgery center, which can be particularly advantageous for patients with high deductible insurance plans. These centers specialize in a select range of procedures, ensuring high-quality care. Additionally, they are often more cost-effective compared to hospital-based surgeries, which can make your treatment more affordable without compromising on the quality of care you receive.
- Our medical practice doesn't have its own surgery facility. This means our recommendations for surgery are based solely on what's medically best for you, not because we have a financial interest in performing surgeries.
- Physicians from minority backgrounds, including Dr. Ruffin, are often recognized for delivering care that is exceptionally patient-centered. This approach is tailored to meet each patient's specific goals and needs, and can also be more cost-effective. We estimate that Dr. Ruffin delivers 25% more value in treatments compared to other otolaryngologists. This means you receive high-quality care that's aligned with your personal health objectives and is economically advantageous.
In Network Insurance Plans
We can help you navigate your insurance and we’ll file claims on your behalf. We currently are in network with:
- Contact us for our most up to date list for commercial/private insurers and Medicare Advantage plans.
If needed, our experienced team can also help you work with your plan’s out-of-network benefits.
Out of Network Insurance Plans
Like other clinics, we charge the same price for all patients. We provide very competitive discounts for self-pay and out of network insurance plans. See above for why we believe our costs are more competitive than other ENTs.
Dr. Ruffin is committed to providing every patient with outstanding care.